TTL always strives to implement new challenges with its yearly photography competition ‘Out of the Box’. After the four successful competitions in last 4 years, ‘Out of the Box 5’ is started and taking online submission. It is designed to contribute to the development of imaging culture by capturing imagery that depicts the ‘Out of the Box’ sense as the key focus. “Out of the box” is an expression that describes nonconformal, creative thinking. This is an incredible opportunity for photographers to have the photos exhibited and achieve the recognition in TTL, the biggest photography platform of Bangladesh.
Who may Enter
Any photographer except TTL Management Team is eligible for the contest.
What to enter
There are 3 (three) entry categories:
Category A: Single Photo
People’s lifestyle, Portraits, Landscape, Animals, Plants, Geological or Climatologically features
Category B: Portfolio
A collection of selected photographs intended to illustrate a photographer’s style and range of photography.
Category C: Mobile Photography
Any photograph taken by Cell Phone or Tablet [No Square/ 1:1 crop ratio and must be 3000pixel on the longer side]
TTL Out of the Box-5 Photography contest begins 11th August, 2014 and ends 11th September, 2014. All digital entries must be received through the following email or via DVD by September 10, 2014.
Oob5general@ttlbd.com [for Single photo Category]
Oob5portfolio@ttlbd.com [for Portfolio Category]
Oob5cellphone@ttlbd.com [for Cell phone Category]
Winners will be announced on October 2014 (the date will be announced later). Winning photographers will be contacted by email or Phone. By submitting a contest entry, each entrant agrees to these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”) and warrants that entry is his/her own work.
Entry Fee (Non Refundable)
500 taka for Single photo Category
600 taka for Portfolio Category
300 taka for Cell Phone Category
You can pay the entry fee through Bkash (01843788751 or ) or can give it to a TTL representative (name and phone no of representatives are mentioned below). At first you have to send your pictures through Email and then you have to pay the Entry Fee. Without Entry Fee your picture will not be eligible for contest.
There are a total of two prizes in each category. Two winners will be selected for each category. There is a Grand Prize for the Best Photographer of the contest also. Total 40 shortlisted photographs will be displayed in the exhibition (Date and Venue of the Exhibition will be announced later).
• OOB Photo of the year: A DSLR Camera
• Winner of each category: 8,000 BDT and a Crest
• Runner-up for each category: 3,000 BDT and a Crest
• Honorary Mention each category: a Crest
Rules of Entry
1. A Photographer can participate in all categories or any two categories or one category.
2. Entrants may submit up to a maximum of 3 photos for Single Photo and Cell Phone Category. For Portfolio category each participant can send 5 to 10 pictures as a portfolio.
3. Entries are only eligible if they include a) a title for each photo in English, b) the place the photo was taken, c) the entrant’s name, phone number & email address.
4. Every Photograph should be renamed as follow;
” Photo Title_Photographer’s Name ”
For example, Back to Home_Shudipto Das
5. Borders, Watermarks, signature, logo are strictly prohibited.
6. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
7. For portfolio category, judges can edit the number and the sequence of the photos if necessary.
8. Decisions by the competition judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decisions.
9. Please send each category image in a separate e-mail and mention the category name in email subject.
10. The images can be color or B&W, but must be at least 300 dpi resolutions, in JPEG format, with a maximum file size of 10 MB.
11. Please don’t submit images that were submitted to this competition in previous years.
12. The copyright will remain with the photographer and photographs will not be used for any commercial purpose without the consent of the photographer. But TTL may use the submitted images for the exhibition’s promotional purpose.
13. TTL reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of the competition any time.
The panel of judges selected by Organizer will collectively select the winners. Qualified photos are defined as those completely complying with the Official Rules. The judges will select the winners based on the following judging criteria: (1) Creativity 50%; (2) Photographic quality 25%; (3) Relevance to theme 25%.
The Judges are
1. Saud A Faisal: Freelancer Photographer and the founder of TTL Photography Club.
2. Andrew Biraj: Country representative photographer of Reuters, World Press award Winner and faculty of Counter Foto.
3. Aninda Kabir Avik: Freelance Photographer and creative artist
Coordinator of the Exhibition
Shudipto Das (01711507894)
Contact Persons for Entry Fee:
Gulshan Area: Sharif Ripon (01713426518)
Bashundhara Area: Shudipto (01711507894)
Uttara Area: Ekram (01671234827)
Mirpur Area: Munim (01711501392)
Motijhil Area: Galib (01817546806)
Old Dhaka Area : Jewel (01672503850)
Dhanmondi Area: Rabbani (01671113350)
Photo (c) Rakib Hasan Sumon
Design and Concept: Aninda K Avik